UCEED Syllabus 2018
In a short span Designing has emerged to be one of the paramount course. If you are also one who are passionate to take admission in designing courses, so the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination is supreme alternative for you. To understand the concept of designing courses enthusiastic must be proverbial facts of UCEED Syllabus 2018. The learners of designing understand the emphasis of exam pattern as it consist crucial information concerning exam. Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design is the state level exam organizes for making the dreams of massive students come true.
By getting into one of the top designing institutes of India, you can formulate factual your childhood dream to grow to be as well fashionable designer. Located in Bombay, Industrial Design Centre administer UCEED exam each year. Like every year, authority has set to conduct the UCEED 2018 on programmed dates and centers. The examination date has decided as on October 2018. Students appear to in the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design exam have got to UCEED exam pattern which consist entire details of subjects and time duration of exam.
UCEED Exam 2018
The UCEED exam pattern covers all topics questions which you are going to face in the examination. To qualify the exams, you must read complete topics as each is crucial to crack the examination. Individuals can download the UCEED Syllabus 2018 along with exam pattern by hitting the official link.
Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination has divided into six portions that are visualisation and spatial ability, observation and design sensitivity, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language and creativity, design thinking and problem-solving.
UCEED Exam Pattern/ Syllabus
Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test
- Understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
Observation and Design Sensitivity
- Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations and events while thinking critically about them.
- Application of attention to certain details, reasoning, analyzing, classifying, inferring and predicting.
- Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
Environmental and Social Awareness
- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment.
- History of art, literature and sculpture.
- Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria.
- Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature and discern patterns within the information.
- Ability to check for hidden bias or assumptions and whether evidence or argument support conclusions.
- Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data interpretation, brain teasers and patterns.
Language and Creativity
- Ability to understand and use standard English.
- Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions, etc., along with vocabulary skills.
Design thinking and problem solving
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols.
- Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select options.
UCEED 2018 Exam Patten
|1.||Examination mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|2.||Medium of language||English|
|3.||Sections||Section A – Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
Section B – Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
Section C – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
|4.||Total number of questions||85|
|5.||Distribution of questions||NAT – 20
MSQ – 25
MCQ – 40
|7.||Marking scheme||NAT – +4 for correct answer; no negative marking
MSQ – +4 for correct answer; no partial/ negative marking
MCQ – +3 for correct answer; -1 for incorrect response
Section Wise Marking Scheme of UCEED 2018
|S.No||Section||Type of Questions||Marking Scheme|
|1||Section A||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||The answer to the questions in this section will be a number which has to be entered using a virtual keyboard in the computer screen. There will no choices shown for these questions.
Correct Response – 4 marks
No negative marking for incorrect response.
Unattempted questions will be given zero mark.
|2||Section B||Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||Each question will have one or more correct answer(s) out of the give four choices.
4 marks will be awarded only if the correct choices are selected.
No negative or partial marking is given for this section.
The questions which are not attempted will be given zero mark.
|3||Section C||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||Four choices will be provided for each question out of which one will be correct.
Each correct response will be given 3 marks.
1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Unattempted questions will be given zero mark.
We would like to inform applicants that keep in their mind the login ID and password which they set or must write down it on safe and sound position. To catch know about updates, desirable needs to login to the registration portal to check the status of registration, download admit card, check results, download scorecard and lot more purposes.
UCEED Syllabus 2018 >>> Download PDF
Necessity to active your number which you have mentioned while filling the UCEED application form. As the registration process will be transferred on your valid number by the authority of organization. To crack the UCEED paper, individuals must be deep study each and every topics. Revising the previous year questions is also must. Good luck for your examination!!!